Pittsburgh Drug Crime Defense Lawyers
Drugs have been and will continue to be a hot-button issue here in Pennsylvania. It is for this reason that state and federal prosecutors are quick to act in drug crimes cases. You must ensure you act just as quickly to obtain a skilled drug crimes defense lawyer to build the strongest possible defense on your behalf.
With more than 45 years of combined legal experience, our team at DRK Lawyers knows how to tackle all drug crimes involving:
- Synthetic Marijuana
- Other Controlled Substances
- Drug paraphernalia
We Have the Experience to Fight Your State and Federal Drug Charges
In addition to our many years of hands-on courtroom experience, each of our lawyers also has experience working as a prosecutor. This means we know the local and state judges and prosecutors, including what they look for in a case and what evidence the court requires for a conviction.
If your drug crime falls under federal court jurisdiction, you could find yourself facing higher stakes than you can handle. For instance, potential consequences of federal drug charges conviction include mandatory minimum prison sentences, thousands of dollars in fines, and the inability to obtain employment or loans. Turn to our team for the strong criminal defense representation you need when facing charges for:
- Drug cultivation
- Drug manufacturing
- Forgery or fraud related to prescription drugs
We Know What the Prosecution Must Prove
What’s more, as former assistant district attorneys, we know how to craft detailed defense strategies that get at the heart of the prosecution’s case. We will seek to weaken the prosecution’s arguments based on any holes or issues we see with:
- Probable cause: Did the officers have probable cause to search you, your home or your vehicle?
- Search and seizure: Did law enforcement follow all necessary search and seizure process requirements as required by Pennsylvania law?
- Chain of custody: Can the prosecution account for the location and safety of the evidence against you from the point of initial discovery through to trial?
- One misstep in any of these areas can lead to a full dismissal of your drug charges. Let us help you identify what defense strategies are available in your case to help you reach the best outcome.