Pittsburgh DUI Attorneys
A DUI charge does not necessarily end in a guaranteed conviction. Never let anyone tell you differently.
Knowledgeable Pennsylvania DUI Defense Lawyers
Our aggressive DUI defense team at DRK Attorneys refuses to take any criminal charge at face value. Instead, we spend the time and resources necessary to attack a case at multiple angles, always seeking to find the best result possible.
Key Traits of Qualified DUI Lawyer
Throughout our years of practicing law, both for the prosecution and for the defense, we have found that the most successful DUI lawyers in Pennsylvania all share the following five traits:
- Years of experience: The more hands-on experience a criminal defense lawyer has representing clients in the courtroom, the higher the likelihood that this lawyer will understand all of the potential defenses and defense tactics available in any given case. Our team has more than 45 years of combined experience handling both sides of the criminal justice system.
- Knowledge of the prosecution’s tactics: As we’ve stated, each of our lawyers spent time working as district attorneys, representing the government in criminal legal matters. This gives us a more intimate understanding of what the prosecution must do and prove in any case. We find this knowledge extremely valuable when defending our clients in and out of the courtroom.
- Ability to use alternative forms of justice: Our breadth of experience has allowed us to become incredibly familiar with the alternative forms of justice available to individuals facing a DUI conviction. We will analyze all the options available and pursue those that make the most sense for you, now and into the future.
- Dedication to personal service: We are firm believers in providing each of our clients with the dignity, respect and trust they deserve. Individuals facing criminal charges are not criminals, and we will never treat them as such. What we will provide are individualized services that are prompt, personable and private.
Your DUI Defense Strategy Depends on Your DUI Charge
We do not use cookie-cutter defense strategies at our firm. However, what we do use is our high level of skill and unique knowledge to craft individualized strategies geared toward beating or minimizing the charges you face:
- First DUI offense: If you did not already know it, you can face DUI charges even in situations where your blood alcohol content (BAC) was not over the legal limit. You can also face increased DUI charges if you refuse to take a Breathalyzer test. But did you also know that Pennsylvania offers special programs for first-time DUI offenders that allow them to keep the crime off their records? If you are facing your first DUI offense, turn to a team who knows the steps to take that may help keep your record clear.
- Multiple DUI offense: If you already have one or more DUI convictions on your criminal record, you must act quickly and carefully to do everything you can to avoid adding another. Multiple DUI offenders, especially those with felony DUI charges, face strict and lasting consequences. These include jail or prison time and a permanent loss of your driver’s license. When you work with us, we will put our first-hand knowledge of how the prosecution will likely approach your case to build an aggressive defense strategy.