Scholarship for Those Struggling with Mental Health Issues
In our work with defendants suffering from mental health issues, we at DRK Attorneys have seen enough examples of individuals that, because of the burden and the stigma that come with mental illness, feel that their choices in life are severely limited. As a result, they turn to crime in order to get their needs met. We are offering this scholarship with the goals of:
- Showing those with mental health issues that they have options.
- Supporting someone who has struggled with mental health issues but has found a way to manage it and overcome those struggles.
- Shining some light on mental health and the difficulties that its victims manage on a daily basis.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Applicant is currently enrolled at or accepted to a college in Pennsylvania (community, technical, undergraduate or postgraduate).
- Applicant demonstrates academic achievement as reflected by a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA in either high school or undergraduate transcripts.
- Applicant is willing to share his or her story with the general public. If applicant wishes to remain anonymous, all effort will be made to withhold the applicant’s identity and protect his or her anonymity.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must submit by July 16, 2021
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- A 1-3 page typed essay about your life with mental illness, the struggles you’ve encountered and how you’ve overcome them.
- An official copy of high school or undergrad college transcripts for all schools attended.
- Proof of Legal Residency in U.S. (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
The award recipient will be notified of selection on or about August 15, 2021. This scholarship is to be used exclusively for higher education tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s education institution to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than July 16, 2021. Application materials should be emailed to: drkattorneys[at]gmail[dot]com
If you have questions email drkattorneys[at]gmail[dot]com. Please do not call the office with questions regarding the scholarship.